Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Finally


Finally we have had a decent run of weather and we have been working diligently on some cultural practices to help the turf recover from winter. Here you see Dale Deyo running the vertical mowers over the fairways to remove last season's growth and allow the new grass to start growing. This is Dale's second season on the grounds crew. "I was born in Kingston Ontario on May 28 1944 and lived there for 36 years where I met my first wife and had three children two of our own and one adopted. I worked for the Board of Education as a janitor for eight years and then grounds maintenance for four years. I came to High River in 1986 to work for the Town of High River for twenty three years. My first wife left me to return to Ontario, I married Wendy my present wife in 1994. I retired in 2009 and moved to Airdrie and I am at present working for Woodside Golf Course in grounds maintenance, seasonal and part time. I enjoy working here." Dale really does an excellent job at Woodside and is a real asset to the grounds crew here.

No comments: